ePals Global Community
ePals is the world's largest network of K-12 classrooms, enabling students and teachers to safely connect and collaborate with classrooms in more than 200 countries and territories. Educators can join ePals at no cost to find collaborative projects, join discussions in community forums, and search thousands of classroom profiles to engage with others in authentic exchanges - all within a safe, protected online environment.
ePals is the only learning network that offers:
- Classrooms of all ages
- Award-winning member projects
- Educator forums and resources with rich content-related projects and subject matter
- Authentic language practice
- Common core-aligned learning experiences (meeting 5-20 standards)
Safe, Social Learning: ePals provides a SchoolSafe® environment that meets the unique safety and privacy needs of teachers and schools while enabling blended projects/virtual classrooms to extend the school day and meet digital natives where they live out of school. Classrooms can share and collaborate in school-safe virtual learning spaces with:
- Private project groups
- Moderated email with embedded translation in 59 languages
- Blogs, forums and media galleries
- Access to a variety of learning partners (classrooms, experts, families, eMentors)
ePals employs unique, patent-pending technology and other safeguards and privacy measures. For example:
- ePals staff reviews each member profile for approval before new members can interact with the community.
- ePals protects all personal student information. ePals doesn't collect last names and deletes any identifying information contained in students' posts.
- Staff members moderate all posts to ePals public forums and galleries.
- All student email can be monitored or moderated by the teacher.
- World-Class Projects and Resources: ePals offers a library of classroom-ready, standards- based projects and content from trusted educational brands like:
- Cobblestone & Cricket
- National Geographic
And other mission driven-organizations such as ONE DROP, International Reading Association, and Common Sense Media.
EXPLORE EPALSA look into the community
ePals Global Community
"I want to take this opportunity to thank ePals for the unique contribution that they provide for schools around the world. Without your teacher database and the free e-mail system that you offer, projects like our Global Coalition project would not function. Your internet platform allows students and teachers to help make our planet a more peaceful and understanding global community. For this I am forever grateful."
- Bill Reilly, Teacher